There are some opportunities to become a postdoctoral researchers through UQ or through the Australian Research Council Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (ARC DECRA) fellowships as, at the current stage, all the postdoctoral positions funded by the laboratory funds are filled. The fellowships are competitive but if you are a bright individual with an excellent academic record you should have a good chance. If are interested to explore some of these opportunities, please, contact Dr. A. Fedorov for details.
Some useful facts UQ and DECRA fellowships:
- open for international early career researcher (less than 6 years after PhD if there have been interruption)
- can be awarded for up to three years full time (part time is also possible for DECRA)
- must have a PhD at the time of application for UQ scholarship, must get a PhD by 1st of May of the year of application for DECRA
The prospective candidates are expected to have a strong interest in (and expert knowledge in some of) these fields:
- quantum physics,
- microwave engineering and low-noise measurements,
- instrument control programming,
Please, contact Dr. A. Fedorov for more details.