Would you like to study quantum phenomena with superconducting quantum circuits for your PhD? The Superconducting Quantum Devices Laboratory has a number of research projects available where you could master the fabrication and measurements of our quantum systems in connection to quantum control and measurement, quantum information processing and hybrid quantum systems.
Currently we are particularily interested in candidadates for the following projects:
- Using machine learning to realize high-fidelity quantum gate. The project implies emphasis on quantum information, numerical methods, hardware control and software engineering. The project will involve collaboration with a software company.
- Fabrication of highly coherent superconducting qubits. The project will envolve a large fabrication component and require somebody genuinly interested and capable of fabrication.
- We are also looking for a talented PhD student to work on hybrid electro-mechanical quantum system in collaboration with Prof. W. Bowen.
Please contact Dr. A. Fedorov for more details on possible projects.
Skills / Qualifications:
You are expected to have a strong interest (preferably some knowledge) in some of these fields:
- quantum physics, Josephson junction devices, quantum optics and quantum information
- microwave engineering and low-noise measurements,
- instrument control programming,
How to apply:
Please, contact Dr. A. Fedorov for more details.